Ordering from our shop or working with us for printing ??? Please review the below to understand our specific shop workflow & accomodations. Because we are a small, part-time project we have specific needs we maintain in order to keep the project sustainable.
Shop & Shipping Terms
1. We ship on a very relaxed schedule, usually every two weeks around the first and third week of the month.
2. We keep the shipping price low and basically at-cost (meaning we make no profit) to offset the slow shipping speeds.
3. We do not do expedited shipping because we cannot handle that service.
4. Your order may take anywhere from three days to a month to reach you depending on when you order and where you are located.
5. Generally everything arrives sooner, but we have to prepare you for this as we are a part time project and cannot match the expectations set by other full time shops, let alone an evil giant like Amazon. It feels guilty to have to state, but it's just the situation.
6. We ship from Brooklyn, NY in stay-flat mailers, always with freebies... usually by way of stickers.
7. We ship almost exclusively with USPS using Media Mail for cost-efficiency. We also have a great relationship with our mail carrier who is a nice guy with a cool truck.
8. We don't do local pickups in NY because we do not have the capacity to plan pickups and email with every individual customer... schedule and reschedule... shuffle books to-and-fro... If you want to buy IRL, please visit Printed Matter, INC. They are an *incredible* resource for artist books in the city and stock all of our works.
9. In the case of lost or damaged goods, we can offer replacements via mail or refunds via payment method originally used.
10. We have had lots of grief shipping through our old system of exclusively paypal. Our hope is that things will be easier to keep track of with our new e-commerce system. Wish us luck!
11. Sorry if this all sounds passive-aggressive. We are trying to find out the best way to balance this project in a sustainable long-term way that does not turn it into a chore that we hate to contribute to.
Printing For Hire Terms
1. Our print shop is secondary to our publishing practice. We do not work every day and this is not our main work. We do not earn our individual incomes printing and do not do this full time. We do this to sustain our base costs of operation so we may continue tom publish art works.
2. With the above stated, we do not work on rush projects. We need two weeks minimum.
3. Standard poster printing follows a you-send-it, we-print-it model. Please follow all necessary direction and tutorials to send your work in a timely manner within 24 hours of poster purchase, including or forwarding proof-of-purchase by way of receipt.
4. Unfortunately we cannot take the time to advise on each project ordered through this method. Make sure you follow all specified directions and consult all available resources on our website, or potentially sources like YouTube to get a handle on it before purchasing.
5. Standard posters are printed on the first and third weeks of the month in batched print intervals. Larger print comissions are arranged by email and billed according to need, including potential guidance, "conceirge," and correspondence fees.
6. We offer discounts on simple printing for emerging artists, marginalized communities, & community organizations.
7. Unfortunately we cannot take on every large-scale custom print project that comes through our door, but will do our best to put you in touch with someone who can.